WooCommerce – is a WordPress plugin that converts your on-line Store into a mobile app & mobile website. WooCommerce is now the most popular e-Commerce platform on the web so you can rest assured you're in good company.
WooCommerce offers features in a Core+Extensions model. The platform comes with all the core features you need right out-of-the-box. It’s possible to start selling immediately with what WooCommerce offers. However, if your business requires more advanced shipping or checkout features, you are going to have to drop some money on add-ons. Here are some of the features that you get free with every WooCommerce download.
- Mobile friendly design. Both your storefront and your admin work great on mobile devices. Your customers can shop on the go, and you can manage their orders from anywhere.
- Sell digital and physical products. Just check a box to show that your digital products don’t require shipping.
- Geo-location support. Geo-location detects your customers’ addresses in order to streamline shipping and tax calculations.
- Smooth purchasing. WooCommerce comes with one page checkout to aid conversion. Also, WooCommerce uses AJAX for their “add to cart” buttons, so pages don’t need to reload when a customer adds a new product.
- Organize your products. Group your products by category, add variations to each product, and sell affiliate products.
- Inventory management. Use WooCommerce’s built-in inventory management to track your stock level, hold stock if an order is cancelled, and hide out-of-stock items from your storefront.
- Shipping options. Offer a shipping calculator on the shopping cart page, so there are no surprises at checkout. Provide separate options for customers’ shipping and billing addresses.
- Search Engine Optimization. Benefit from WordPress’s built-in SEO best practices.
- Create coupons and discounts. Make your discounts apply to only one item or all of them.
- Checkout options. Allow your customers to create an account on your site or check out as guests.
- Enable product reviews. Let customers post reviews of your products. You can even ensure that those comments come only from verified customers.
- Analytics. Use WooCommerce reports to monitor your profits and track orders, traffic, and growth trends.
WooCommerce comes with five built-in payment gateways, but if that isn’t enough for you (and if you experience any significant growth, it won’t be), additional payment gateways are available as extensions. So WooCommerce is good choice for your Web store.